X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rolito
    • Mar 2006
    • 3.5.x

Change postbit legacy background color

How can I change postbit legacy background color?

I would appreciate code suggestions (I am begginner, so my only skill is cut & paste code)

Thanks !
    ------------
    Thank U :)
  • user02934123123
    • Apr 2006
    • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Rolito
    How can I change postbit legacy background color?

I would appreciate code suggestions (I am begginner, so my only skill is cut & paste code)

Thanks !
    Go to AdminCP > Style Manager and edit the postbit_legacy template in your active style(s). In that template, find:

Code:
    	<if condition="$show['moderated']">
    	<td [COLOR="Red"]class="alt2"[/COLOR] id="td_post_$post[postid]">
    	<else />
    	<td [COLOR="Red"]class="alt1"[/COLOR] id="td_post_$post[postid]">
    	</if>
    The red bits in the above snippet are the CSS style calls that set the background colour for the main message area. Replace them either with different CSS classnames, or with standard HTML tags for <td> cells (e.g. "bgcolor='#FFFFFF'" for a white background, etc.). Thus to have the background be white on posts, you would replace the above code snippet with:

Code:
    	<if condition="$show['moderated']">
    	<td [COLOR="Green"]bgcolor="#FFFFFF"[/COLOR] id="td_post_$post[postid]">
    	<else />
    	<td [COLOR="Green"]bgcolor="#FFFFFF"[/COLOR] id="td_post_$post[postid]">
    	</if>
    For anything more involved than basic background colour, which can be set through internal <td> tags like the above (e.g. if you wish to have a background image or such), you'll need either to redefine the 'alt1' and 'alt2' classes in your vB style (through Style Manager > Main CSS; but be careful, as this will redefine all cells that use those styles across the board, not just in postbit_legacy); or -- better -- create a new custom CSS style for this purpose.

Comment