X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sovereign
    • Jun 2004
    • 3.7.x

Archiving a forum?

I want to take my main vBulletin forums offline (too little activity) and move them to another domain on the same server under the same hosting account. Is there some way to convert the entirety of my old forum to HTML or something else static but maintain the look (if you click on Post Reply or New Topic you are told that this is an archive only)?
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Set these forums so they do not accept new posts.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Sovereign
      • Jun 2004
      • 3.7.x

I was thinking convert the forums to HTML, is there a script to do that? And if I did that, I would violate the liscence as I would be running two instances of publicly accessible vBulletin (move to new domain and leave old forums availible but locked)

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

There is no script I'm aware of do this this. As for the license implications, this depends on exactly how you implement this.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Sovereign
          • Jun 2004
          • 3.7.x

Would it be OK if I had one install (the old one) visible but COMPLETELY locked so that no one could post while the other runs as a normal forum?

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

No. The archive forum cannot be public at all. This would require a second license.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Sovereign
              • Jun 2004
              • 3.7.x

If I converted the existing forum entirely to HTML or some other static, but it looked like the old forums (but had no vB scripts, just the look like it was), would that be allowed? That's what I was trying to do....

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

As long as it's not using vB code.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...