Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blackbeard
    • Oct 2003

Since 3.5.4 upgrade, IE6 error mshtml.dll, only my site not others

Since i upgraded to 3.5.4 my internet explore will close and cause a error message which when debuged says problem with mshtml.dll file, i am running winxp and ie 6, first i believed it was the style, and maybe a problem with uploading the files to server so i have downloaded 3.5.4 again of this site and re-upload all to my server, with standard style, it still happens, the only thing i havent done is cleaned out my database. it doesnt happen every time a members visits my forum, but enough to cause a few complaints

i went to microsoft and this was the answer from them
    CAUSE

This can be caused by an XML file that uses an XSL file to create either an anchor tag (A) set to change the right frame or element that calls Window.open ("URL", "rightframe").

This only happens if the right frame is currently pointing to a page located on another domain. If the page is on the same domain, it works fine until the page changes to a separate domain.

is there anything in 3.5.4 files that could cause this to happen on my site as its only my site i and others have problems with
  • Colin F
    • May 2004

First I recommend reuploading all the default vBulletin non-image files in ASCII mode, overwriting your current files. Also, turn off plugins globally in your vBulletin Options. Does this problem still occur then?

If so, add a new Style and select 'No Parent Style'. This will force it to use the default templates. Switch to this Style and see if the error still occurs.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• Blackbeard
      • Oct 2003

doing it now will report back

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...