Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simcomedia
    • Apr 2004

Emails not sending to users

We have about 70 initial members in a site about to fully launch. We've attempted to send emails to this list using the Email Users utility.

The only people that receive the emails are the admins. ALL the usergroups are selected and when the submit button is pushed it shows me that it's sending emails to each individual email and gives the 'success' status for each. The admins get the email but no other users do.

I've even tried sending and email to a particular user and they do not receive it.

Is there a setting that we are missing for this? All the users have checked the box Allow Emails From Admin so that's not the problem. The email settings for the server are working or no one would get the emails including the admins.

I didn't see anything specific about this in previous posts. Please advise what could be the issue. Thank you!
  • simcomedia
    • Apr 2004

Further details:

I ran the Diagnostics and receive the following:

SMTP: localhost sendmail_from: None sendmail_path: /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i

Results No errors were returned while attempting to send the email. Check [email protected] shortly to confirm you've received the email. If you don't receive the email, try sending the test to a different address. If that fails, check your mail server's configuration.

So, no errors in the config. However, what we're finding out is that it's not sending to email addresses that are outside of our server realm. In other words, the only people receiving the emails are those that are hosted on our server.

If we send test emails to domains off the server including Hotmail and Yahoo they don't receive them. Ideas?

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

This is a server issue. You will need to contact your host about this and ask them to fix it.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• simcomedia
        • Apr 2004

Turned out to be a server setting that was disallowing the 'nobody' sending of emails which was activated in order to help stop spammers from hijacking sendmail related scripts on our server.

The emails are now working as they should. Thanks for the response.

Comment