X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WeLikeToTalk
    • Jan 2006
    • 3.5.x

We need some help

Our community has only been around since the beginning of January, so we are still relatively small and new. Harmonie (my co-owner) and I are BRAND NEW to the admin/board owner side of this and we need some help with a couple things. If you could explain how to do these things as simply as possible, that would be greatly appreciated. And if this is in the wrong forum or wrong place please let me know and I will repost it or if you could just move it that would be great too!

First, we are trying to figure out how to make it so that our "shout box" only shows up on our main index page, and no where else. Is that even possible?

Next, we would like to make it so that sigs only show up once in a thread, regardless of how many times that person posts. I know that is a setting somewhere, but for the life of me I can not find it.

Also, is there a way to change REGISTER to "join us"? I mean in the navigation bar, as well as the default Welcome box from VB. If it's a SIMPLE module that needs to be changed or something that we can do, but if it's extremely complicated, we'll just leave it alone.

And on the topic of the default Welcome box, is there a way we can change what it says? If so where do we find that?

How do we add things to the Navigation bar? We would like to add our privacy policy as well as our TOS, or at minimum add them to the FAQ area, but we'd prefer the first option.

Where is the option to make it so that hosts/mods are listed on the right side of the actual forum? We know there is a way to do that we just can't seem to find it. Right now the only way to view Forum Leaders is by clicking on a little link at the far bottom of our forum main page.

And last but certainly not least, does anyone know what our best means of advertisement would be? We've signed up with LinkShare, but have gotten turned down by many affiliates, simply b/c we do not generate enough "traffic" or we do not have a Privacy Policy in place.

TIA for your help!
    Kasi
  • feldon23
    • Nov 2001
    • 3.7.x

Originally posted by WeLikeToTalk
    First, we are trying to figure out how to make it so that our "shout box" only shows up on our main index page, and no where else. Is that even possible?
    Wrap the code you're using for your shoutbox with this code:
    Code:
    <if condition="THIS_SCRIPT == 'index'">

</if>
    Next, we would like to make it so that sigs only show up once in a thread, regardless of how many times that person posts. I know that is a setting somewhere, but for the life of me I can not find it.
    This is not built into vBulletin. There is a simple template modification you might consider which only shows each user's signature once per page.

Also, is there a way to change REGISTER to "join us"? I mean in the navigation bar, as well as the default Welcome box from VB. If it's a SIMPLE module that needs to be changed or something that we can do, but if it's extremely complicated, we'll just leave it alone.
    AdminCP -> Languages & Phrases -> Search in Phrases

And on the topic of the default Welcome box, is there a way we can change what it says? If so where do we find that?
    AdminCP -> Languages & Phrases -> Search in Phrases

How do we add things to the Navigation bar? We would like to add our privacy policy as well as our TOS, or at minimum add them to the FAQ area, but we'd prefer the first option.
    How to Customize your Navbar

Comment

• WeLikeToTalk
      • Jan 2006
      • 3.5.x

THANK YOU!!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...