• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • led_belly
    • Nov 2005
    • 3.5.x

Import Style Error

Hello,

Whenever I go to import a new style I get the following error: Sorry, no XML was passed into this function and the $path variable empty. I get this when I both try to upload locally and remotely.

Any ideas?
  • Colin F
    • May 2004

First I recommend reuploading all the default vBulletin non-image files in ASCII mode, overwriting your current files. Also, turn off plugins globally in your vBulletin Options. Does this problem still occur then?

Also, what XML file are you trying to import?
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• led_belly
      • Nov 2005
      • 3.5.x

Tried but no luck

I disabled plugins globally then tried to upload the style again. No dice. The file is an exported vbulletin style xml file. I didn't try uploading in ASCII mode since I am working locally and didn't use FTP to transfer the files in the beginning. Any more ideas?

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

What is the link to this style?
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• led_belly
          • Nov 2005
          • 3.5.x

Link to this style? If you're asking to view it, you can't - it's on a server on my local network... please clarify

I've tried enabling safe mode in vboptions and setting a relative imagedir chmod'd 777 - no change. i also checked the max file size and it's well under PHP's max. nothing in error logs, either. and my server is set to allow file uploads.

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

You got this style from somewhere. In order to troubleshoot this I wanted to try and upload this style myself.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• led_belly
              • Nov 2005
              • 3.5.x

I've PM'd you a link to the style

Comment

• Zachery
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Jul 2002

We need to see the XML file, if you need pirvacy please use the support system

Comment

• Steve Machol
                  • Jul 2000

For future reference, please do no PM me unless I ask.

I had no problem uploading that XML style file. You problem may be due to XML support not being compiled into your PHP, or possibly a problem with your browser. Did yyou try a different browser?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...