Members don't get "new post/threads" icon in a forum.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Strat
    • Jan 2006
    • 3.5.x

Members don't get "new post/threads" icon in a forum.

I have a forum in which only I can post. It's to announce various things and I want to prevent others from posting in it. I set the permissions that only I in the Administrator group can post.

Unfortunately, the forum has the "Forum is Closed for Posting" icon next to it permanently, so whenever I create a new thread, nobody's aware of it, since they see that icon all the time, instead of the "Forum Contains New Posts."

How can I change it so that nobody else but the Administrator can post in this forum and won't have that "locked" icon displayed next to it?

Thanks!
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

There are two locked icons, and if users use the new posts feature.
    Its possible to also allow responses, which would hide the locked icon

Of corse you can turn off this feature all together but disablign sthe show locked icons setting in the AdminCP

Comment

• Strat
      • Jan 2006
      • 3.5.x

Thanks for taking the time to reply, Zach!

However, would any of your suggestions make it possible for the "Forum Contains New Posts" icon to be displayed next to the forum? Basically, that's the problem. And if so, could you post some directions in order for me to accomplish this?

I've looked high and low and unfortunately am having a hard time figuring this one out.

Thanks again.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...