X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vidmarc
    • Jan 2004
    • 3.7.x

Registration IP Addresses?

I have 6 users, and all have the same registration IP address. Does this mean they're all the same person, hiding behind aliases?

Can somebody explain all about IP addresses - I'm trying to prune users who have signed up using more than one username. Is looking for the Registration IP Addresses the only way to do this?

And is it possible to perform a 'find users with the same IP address' search?

I hope somebody can help.
    Cult Movie Forums
  • Colin F
    • May 2004

It's possible that those 6 users are the same person, but it could also be that they're using a proxy (intentionally or because their ISP demands it), so that would show the same IP as well.
    You can search by IP address, but there's no function to show all the ip addresses that have multiple users associated with them.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• vidmarc
      • Jan 2004
      • 3.7.x

So there's really no way to find users who have registered using more than one username?
      Cult Movie Forums

Comment

• Colin F
        • May 2004

If you have an assumption about one user you can check, but there's no general way, no.
        Best Regards
        Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• jonsimmonds
          • Sep 2005
          • 3.5.x

Originally posted by vidmarc
          So there's really no way to find users who have registered using more than one username?
          There is a hack on vbulletin.org that may help you - http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=107566 though all hacks are installed at yoru own risk etc (i use it on my board with no issues)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...