X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigTrucK72
    • Oct 2005
    • 3.5.x

Enable Custom Link Appearance for embedded links

What setting do I turn on to enable the 'link appearance' option when using the hyperlink button when creating a new post? As it stands now all it asks is for the actual link, no follow up question to how the link should appear. Thanks.
  • Marco van Herwaarden
    • Nov 2004
    • 3.8.x

After you have inserted the link using the popup, you will see that the inserted link is selected. Just type over the text you want to show instead of teh link.

Alternative would be to first type the text, select it, and then click on the insert link button.
    Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
    Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

• BigTrucK72
      • Oct 2005
      • 3.5.x

How do other sites set it so a user will be prompted with 2 popup boxes? The first for the actual link and the second for how the link should appear?

Comment

• Marco van Herwaarden
        • Nov 2004
        • 3.8.x

That is how vB3.0 behaved, it was simplified in 3.5.
        Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
        Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

• BigTrucK72
          • Oct 2005
          • 3.5.x

Ahhh that makes sense.... any chance that 3.5 can emulate that?

Comment

• feldon23
            • Nov 2001
            • 3.7.x

Why do you want to go to the old style? It's lame. I should be able to just type normally and then go back and link up any words or phrases in my text. I shouldn't have to interrupt my thought process every time I want to insert a link. If you are a fast typer and already know what you want to link to, why not just type the bbCode?

The [url="http://www.samkieth.com/"]The Maxx[/url].
            Last edited by feldon23; Wed 15 Feb '06, 2:28pm.

Comment

• BigTrucK72
              • Oct 2005
              • 3.5.x

Thx for the input about being lame. Really added to the content of what I was asking.

I am wondering if it's possible because it seems to be newb friendly for people not so adept at forum posting.

Comment

• feldon23
                • Nov 2001
                • 3.7.x

Before, it was 2 JavaScript prompts, which is completely different and foreign to most users who are used to how Microsoft Word works (drag-select text, apply formatting, repeat).

I do wonder if the JavaScript could be tweaked so that if there is no text selected, the link button is either greyed out, or it behaves the way you're requesting.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...