Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TitanJeff
    • May 2002

Edit save button problem

I'm having a problem with the edit feature I can't figure out.

When I go to edit a post, clicking "save" will work if I don't change the post itself. If I make any edits, the "save" button will not work and I have to go to "advance edit" to save changes.

All other buttons work fine. Any ideas? Which table controls this?
  • Mephisteus
    • Aug 2002
    • 3.7.x

The obvious question, do you have any modifications installed? Do you have the template modified?

If the answer to either is yes first try removing them (for the template its easy just copy the contents of the original and put it in and click the save history button to prevent losing any mods if they are not to blame). For plugins just disable them (all of them) code mods upload the file after saving (or renaming) the current one.

If any of them fix the issue run through the code changes step by step checking every time to see if any of them causes it. And either play around with it or dont install that mod

Also its in the postbit_quickedit template
    A bullet may have your name on it, but shrapnel is addressed "to whom it may concern"

Comment

• TitanJeff
      • May 2002

Thanks for the help.

The postbit_quickedit template is as installed. It looks I need to see if there is a conflict with any of my mods. Not fun but maybe I can run a search over at vb.org to see if anyone else has experienced the same problem.

Comment

• Mephisteus
        • Aug 2002
        • 3.7.x

Fraid thats your best chance...
        A bullet may have your name on it, but shrapnel is addressed "to whom it may concern"

Comment

• TitanJeff
          • May 2002

Some more info on this. I'm still totally puzzled.

I disabled all modifications. The issue continues.
          I went to the default template and everything works perfectly.
          I notice that clicking the save button does make the quick edit but just doesn't refresh the screen. All other buttons work perfectly.

Could there be another template besides postbit_quickedit which might cause a button to not refresh the screen? Thanks.

Comment

• RobAC
            • Jan 2001
            • 3.8.x

I have been having a problem with this as well and I have no hacks or modifications to my forums.
            Rob

Comment

• bklynjava
              • Jul 2005
              • 3.6.x

I have a similiar problem - Edit does not work at all unless i right click the edit button and open in new window.

Comment

• Marco van Herwaarden
                • Nov 2004
                • 3.8.x

Create a new style with no parent set. Now try to reproduce the problem while using the new standard style. Do you still have the same problem?
                Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
                Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...