Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • agiacosa
    • Dec 2004

Force existing members to agree to forum rules

Is there any way to force existing members to agree to the forum rules provided during registration or else they are treated as guests?

I know there are forum rules hacks but they don't seem to have this general capability.
  • feldon23
    • Nov 2001
    • 3.7.x

To be a Registered User, a user must have read the rules. I am guessing that you have CHANGED the rules and want existing users to have to re-read them and agree to them before they can continue posting. There is no mechanism in place for this and I doubt anyone makes a Plug-in for it either. Placing an announcement in your navbar or header template linking to the new rules page (using one of the Forum Rules plugins) is all I think a forum operator should have to do and then just start enforcing the rules after a grace period.

Because you have to read the forum rules before you can register, I am guessing the only thing you could do (which would piss me off if I were a member and I probably wouldn't come back) is to dock everyone back to Unregistered and have them confirm by e-mail again.

Comment

• amc
      • Jun 2004
      • 3.6.x

There is a Rules and User Agreement Hack over tha vbulletin.org

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...