X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vbreal
    • Jan 2006
    • 3.5.x

Importing Product, Please Wait...

i have tried to install numerous products. none of them work. the plugin hook thing is turned on. i just get an infinite message saying Importing Product, Please Wait... . it just keeps going and going.

what can i do to fix that.

thanks a lot
    Attached Files
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Which version of MySQL are you running? Also eable phpinfo in the Admin CP, then provide the URL to your forums. This may help us troubleshoot
    this problem.

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options -> Public phpinfo() Display Enabled
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• vbreal
      • Jan 2006
      • 3.5.x

thanks for replying. i enabled the phpinfo. i seareched for the version of mysql and i didn't see it. i will keep looking for it when i get to work. just wanted to let u know i enabled the phpinfo.

thanks

www.betadbruhs.com

duhh how i forget my url
      Last edited by vbreal; Fri 27 Jan '06, 6:38am.

Comment

• vbreal
        • Jan 2006
        • 3.5.x

MySQL Version4.0.24-max-log

thanks again

Comment

• Steve Machol
          • Jul 2000

Unfortunately I do not know how to tell if a Windows PHP installation is properly configured for XML support which I suspect is the issue here.

Try this. Reupload the original vbulletin-language.xml file in the install directory. Then upload the tools.ph
          p script in the 'do_not_upload' folder of the vB zip file to your Admin CP directory. Then reimport the vbulletin-language.xml file. Did yyou have any problems or did this work fine?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• vbreal
            • Jan 2006
            • 3.5.x

just want to say I appreciate your help. this been bugging me for days now.

I was able to reimport the file. it said it was loading and told me to please wait. then it said it was complete.

Comment

• Steve Machol
              • Jul 2000

What is the URL to one of the plugins you are trying to install? I want to test this on my unhacked 3.5.3 test forum.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• vbreal
                • Jan 2006
                • 3.5.x

didn't think that was a fix. I tried again and still same deal. If it was a few products.i would think it was what i was trying to install. but none of the 5 i have tried worked. they were real simple ones. i tried to install the last visitors in 24 hours and that didn't work.

Comment

• vbreal
                  • Jan 2006
                  • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                  What is the URL to one of the plugins you are trying to install? I want to test this on my unhacked 3.5.3 test forum.

thanks

Comment

• Steve Machol
                    • Jul 2000

I have no problem installling that product. Unfortunattely assuming that you are using the original vB files then I believe this is either a server issue or a browser one.

First, try another browser. If you still have this problem after that, then unfortunately I don't know what else to suggest other than to reupload all the original vB files.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• vbreal
                      • Jan 2006
                      • 3.5.x

hmm ok, i will give it a try. if its a server issue, is it something i can change with out trying a new server.

i tried a different browser and that wasn't the issue. man talk about bad luck ha.

i have tried replacing the files i thought were involved with the process. guess i will try them all.. its odd i can import the language xml file u told me to import but not a product

thanks again for the help.

Comment

• vbreal
                        • Jan 2006
                        • 3.5.x

i just did a serach on go daddy, i see u suggested that they were not the best for hosting Vbulletin.

Comment

• vbreal
                          • Jan 2006
                          • 3.5.x

go daddy is who i use. do u think that is the problem

Comment

• Steve Machol
                            • Jul 2000

It could be. There are ccertainly issues reported with that host. If you are using the original vB files then the only other reasonable assumption is that there us something on the server keeping this from working.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• vbreal
                              • Jan 2006
                              • 3.5.x

aight i tried the reinstall and that didn't work. i called godaddy and they said they can switch me to a linux server. i want to be sure that switching to a linux server is the solution before i have my site down for 2 days. base on all the info would u say the fact i am on a windows server is the problem. do u know of vbulletin to work fine on a windows server.

if there are any questions i should ask them please let me know.

thanks in advance

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...