X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • texasasl
    • Mar 2005
    • 3.6.x

Lost attachments

I have recently upgrade from 3.0.7 to 3.5.3. One of my forums is dealing with photographs and there were a lot of attachments there. I am sure that the archives are existing in my ftp but unfortunately even if I performed the appropriate maintenance fron the admincp (update attachments) my attachments have been dissappeared from the relative threads.
    How I can restore them any idea???Thanks in advance for any help.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Try this. Create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?

If you do, empty your browser cache, close all browser windows and try again.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• texasasl
      • Mar 2005
      • 3.6.x

Thanks for your reply but the problem is that while I can see all the photos in my ftp unfortunately they are not stored in the relative database vb3_attachment folder. That means it seems that during upgrading all the stored data has been lost (.jpg hashing e.t.c.). Could you please tell me if I use the old data (stored and backed-up from the old version 3.0.7) should I create greater problem or not????
      Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

There is nothing in the upgrade process that would have caused this, assuming of courrse you had no hacks installed on your 3.0.7 forum.

Where are the attachments stored now (as per the Admin CP)?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• texasasl
          • Mar 2005
          • 3.6.x

Thanks for your reply but unfortunatelly I cannot find the majority of the attachments, they were not transfered in the new database (vb3_attachment) which created after the upgrade. And I am wondering I have backed-up the old one (as was in 3.0.7 relative vb_attachment). If I replace the existing vb3_attachment with the old one is there any possibility to have problems???? Is this feasible or not????
          Thank you.

Comment

• feldon23
            • Nov 2001
            • 3.7.x

EITHER: Attachments are stored in the database, which would mean the vb3_attachment table contains all the data. Backing up the database will backupyour attachments

OR: Attachments are stored in the file system, which would mean that all of the data is stored in a folder on your website. Backing up the database will not backup the attachments. To backup the attachments, you must download the Attachments folder to your PC. I highly recommend GZIPping the Attachments folder first.

Comment

• texasasl
              • Mar 2005
              • 3.6.x

There were 33 attachements stored in the database. The rest (over 600) are stored in a website folder.The problem is that when I am using the method and I am transfering the attachments from the database (through admincp) to the website in order to transfer again the files from the website to the data base including these ones which are not in the database, the other archives apart of the 33 are not recognized and are not transfered back to the database. That's mainly the problem the stored in the website archives are not recognised as attachments.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

As feldon23 stated in vB the attachements are stored either in the database or the file system. There is nothing in the default vB code that would allow some to be in one and not the other.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• texasasl
                  • Mar 2005
                  • 3.6.x

Ok In case that attachments are stored in the server lets' asume in the path /usr/home/bwgtf/public_html/files but actually they are not dispalyed in the relative threads is there something that could be done. Pesently on the related threads nothing is displayed even the relative photos are stored there.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                    • Jul 2000

If you have this setrup correct and are using the original vB files and templates, the attachments should show up.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...