X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GGIII
    • Jan 2006
    • 3.5.x

VBulletin 3.5.3 Install Help

I'm trying to do this install on a Yahoo! Small Business server (I know, right? ) Unfortunately, in the Config.PHP file if I set my Database Type to mysqli I recieve the error

Selected database type 'mysqli' was not detected within your compilation of PHP.

Alternatively, if I set my DB Type as mysql I recieve the following error:

Attempting to attach to database
    Error description: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (46) /LCR/includes/class_core.php on line 279
    The database has failed to connect because you do not have permission to connect to the server. Please confirm the values entered in the 'includes/config.php' file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

It has to be one the the issues mentioned here:

If you are getting the above error, this means either: 1. One or more of the following is wrong in your config.php file: - $config['Database']['dbname'] - $config['MasterServer']['servername'] (except in rare cases, this should almost always be left as 'localhost' or '127.0.0.1') - $config['MasterServer']['username'] -
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• GGIII
      • Jan 2006
      • 3.5.x

I can't believe I overlooked that. I'm good to go now. Many thanks!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...