Why doesn't vB website use Boolean anymore & members no longer able to delete posts?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • forumfolk
    • Jul 2005
    • 3.5.x

Why doesn't vB website use Boolean anymore & members no longer able to delete posts?

Hello.

Why doesn't vB's website:

1) use Boolean anymore

and

2) members no longer able to delete posts?

I use this site as a benchmark to determine which features to consider to allow/disallow members.

Should I reconsider these features? Was there abuse or significant overhead issues and/or other reasons?

Are there some 'words of wisdom' you can provide?

Thanks in advance.
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

The boolean option is now automatically used if the user's group can use it:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup -> Can Use Boolean Search

This group permission only shows if fulltext is enabled:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Search Type

The same goes for natural language:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup -> Can Use Natural Language Search

If both advanced search options are enabled for a group, then the option will show up on the search form. Otherwise the single selected search option will automatically be used.

I personally do not allow users to delete their posts. I had a user delete over 1000 of their posts once.

Comment

• forumfolk
      • Jul 2005
      • 3.5.x

**bump**

(somehow I missed your response to 2). Thanks.

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Whats the bump for?

Comment

• forumfolk
          • Jul 2005
          • 3.5.x

Zachary.

Now, I can find out what that means exactly...

As I've looked at many threads and have received E-mails based on subscriptions, there have been times where the E-mail had the initial reply of someone, but when I visited their reply on vB or other forum, it had **bump**, so I took it to mean they removed their reply without deleting their post.

If it has a different meaning or use, please let me know. I'd like to use it correctly...

Thanks.

Comment

• gorman
            • Sep 2002

In Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup ->
            I have two options for Forums Searching Permission. The first one was translated in 3.0 to something like "Can Search Forums" and it's not been modified. The second one is the Can Use Boolean Search option.

I don't have the Natural Language Search option.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...