Does 'Quick Reply' have to be turned on?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MontyV
    • Dec 2005
    • 3.5.x

Does 'Quick Reply' have to be turned on?

Under all my posts the 'Quick Reply' is greyed out. If I click within the box and try to type nothing happens. Does it have to be turned on? If so where in the Admin CP is it located? Thank You

Monty
  • Quillz
    • Nov 2004
    • 5.0.X

I believe by default, Quick Reply only works when the mini quote button (the smaller of the two quote buttons, to the right of the bigger Quote button) is pressed. You can, however, use the ACP to make the Quick Reply box enabled by default. If you intend on using Threaded or Hybrid Mode on your board, though, I recommend leaving the default setting (which requires a click to activate Quick Reply.)
    Forums

Comment

• MontyV
      • Dec 2005
      • 3.5.x

So where in the ACP do I make this default to activate. I now see the quick reply on the post. As you can see though I had to get assistance to know this. I want to be able to just click in the quick reply box to activate it then just start typing. I can do this in the ACP? If so where? Sorry for such a late reply but I forgot to subscribe to this thread.

- Monty

Comment

• RagnarokDensetsu
        • Nov 2005
        • 3.7.x

vBulletin Options > Message Posting and Editting Options > Quick Reply

It gets easier to find things once you've had time to get used to it.

Comment

• MontyV
          • Dec 2005
          • 3.5.x

Originally posted by RagnarokDensetsu
          vBulletin Options > Message Posting and Editting Options > Quick Reply

It gets easier to find things once you've had time to get used to it.
          Yeah there are just so many options. Thank you for your help though.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...