X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Renae
    • Dec 2005
    • 3.5.x

Usergroup permission for viewing a forum

Hello, I want to make forums specificially for members that join specific groups:

For example, I want to make an Army forum for people who join the Army public group membership. navy for navy group membership, so on.

I only want these forums to be visible/usable to members in those groups.

Now this is working for Registered Members who join these groups. They are able to see and post in their forum only (like I would expect). BUT!

When members reach 1000 and 2000 posts they become Advanced Members and Elite members respectively.

The problem is when members are in the Advanced members and Elite members usergroups, and join one of the group memberships, they are still unable to view the forums.

I am wondering what specific setting may need to be changed in order for advanced members and elite members to be able to view the forums they are a member of.

Feel free to ask further questions for clarification. Thanks for any help or suggestions.
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

It sounds like you need to enable this option for the two higher groups:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup -> Allow Users to have Member Groups

Comment