Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • inquisitive
    • Jan 2006

Junior member, Senior member

Hello and in advance I send you all my condolences... because I am soo green behind my ears that you may have to drag out the lawn mower to help me!!

I am trying to set up my web site and 3 out of about 5,000 forthcoming questions is:

1. How do I disable the "Junior Member, Senior Member," etc. function that shows up under the registered users name. I do not want them to be "labeled."

2. How do I make sub-forums? I read a very old link posted and am still scratching my head!

3. I have a logo and was told I have to upload my logo via FTP. Do I do that through my hosting company? Is there another way?

I thank you beforehand for your time, consideration and any and all help you contribute to my endeavor!!
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

1. These are ranks, check the rank manager.
    2. AdminCP > Forums & Moderators > Forum MAnager > From the drop down, add child forum.
    3. You use an ftp program and connect and upload the image. Much like how you installed vBulletin

Comment

• inquisitive
      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Zachery
      1. These are ranks, check the rank manager.
      2. AdminCP > Forums & Moderators > Forum MAnager > From the drop down, add child forum.
      3. You use an ftp program and connect and upload the image. Much like how you installed vBulletin
      Thank you Zachery. I appreciate it.....sounds easy enough!

Only question is, do I go through my web host to find a FTP program? Is that preferable?

Comment

• Quillz
        • Nov 2004
        • 5.0.X

You can just download something like SmartFTP or even use Windows Explorer. The only thing you'll need from your host is the FTP URL, and the username and password.
        Forums

Comment

• inquisitive
          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Quillz
          You can just download something like SmartFTP or even use Windows Explorer. The only thing you'll need from your host is the FTP URL, and the username and password.
          Thank you Quillz. These detailed "baby steps" instructions sure save me alot of time!

Comment

• feldon23
            • Nov 2001
            • 3.7.x

SmartFTP is anything but.
            Windows Explorer is a pitiful FTP program.

I'd look at FileZilla, CuteFTP, or WS-FTP.

Comment

• jamesyfx
              • Feb 2005
              • 3.6.x

Whats up with SmartFTP?

I know it's rubbish compared to WS_FTP, but I reckon its as good as CuteFTP.

Comment

• feldon23
                • Nov 2001
                • 3.7.x

Just had a lot of problems with it.

P.S. Klonoa rocks.

Comment

• Quillz
                  • Nov 2004
                  • 5.0.X

CuteFTP is only good if you get the paid version, IMO. SmartFTP is simple to use for the average user, so it's not a bad one to start with, especially if just uploading files and not having to mess with CHMOD permissions.
                  Forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...