3.5.2 to 3.5.3: Do I need to edit config.php?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simsim
    • Nov 2005
    • 3.6.x

3.5.2 to 3.5.3: Do I need to edit config.php?

Hi,

I'm about to upgrade my 3.5.2 board to latest version, but I got confused about what is written on the vb3 readme file accompanied with the downloaded package.
    It says:
    Upgrading from a previous version of vBulletin 3

Close your board via the Admin Control Panel.

Upload all files from the 'upload/' folder in the zip, with the exception of 'install/install.php'. Then open the 'upload/includes/' folder. In this you will find config.php.new. You should rename this to config.php and then open it in a text editor.

My question is: do I need to ever upload the config.php.new file? & if yes, the instructions above didn't tell why should I open it in a text editor? Do I need to edit it the same way as on a fresh installation?

Thanks in advance.
    You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!
  • Colin F
    • May 2004

No, you won't need to adjust the config.php file.
    Simply upload all the new files, except for the install.php file. and run the upgrade script.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• simsim
      • Nov 2005
      • 3.6.x

I'm sorry to say I'm still confused about this matter. I've just uploaded the new 'upload' folder (package without images) & overwrited the old forum folder.

Just before running upgrade.php, do I need to rename config.php.new to config.php & hence overwriting my old config.php file, or should I just delete the config.php.new file as I've deleted install.php?

EDIT: Never mind. I've deleted config.php.new & run the upgrade script. Forum was upgraded to 3.5.3 within a minute without a slightest error.

I was about to mess things up when I forgot that I've renamed the Admin CP default folder inside config.php, so I recopied all the files inside admincp folder to the renamed one.
      Last edited by simsim; Wed 18 Jan '06, 4:08pm.
      You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment