Clear All
  • ez4arab
    • Feb 2004

how to add more fonts

Form where can i add extra font?
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

You need to edit the javascript file for the editor to do this.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• ez4arab
      • Feb 2004

which file do i need to edit ?

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Since this requires custom coding, try asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• ez4arab
          • Feb 2004

FYI

you don't need to edit any file it available on the Styles & Templates

Go to your Admincp, open the Styles & Templates group, click on Style Manager. Choose All Style Options for the style you want to edit and click Go. Scroll down to the section labelled Toolbar Menu Options and add a new font to the list of Available Fonts.

Comment

• Steve Machol
            Former Customer Support Manager
            • Jul 2000

That will not really 'add' a font. If the user does not have this font installed on his PC then this won't work.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• silly rabbit
              • Oct 2005
              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
              That will not really 'add' a font. If the user does not have this font installed on his PC then this won't work.
              Steve, could you elaborate?? I know just because the font is listed in the Admin CP box doesn't mean it's available correct?? From within the editor only those font options in BOLD are selectable & actually work?

Does the Java script 'autodetect' what fonts are available on each viewing machine then enable those editor selects for me to use (the bold ones) or are 'font' styles actually loaded onto the Vb server somewhere???

Confusion Reigns Supreme!@!!

There's a reason WHY I ask - I'm looking to load fonts (more fonts?) onto the server where Vb resides for a specific purpose. Is there a 'location' indeed??

Rabbit

Comment

• verdana
                • Jan 2010
                • 3.6.x

Hi,

I am looking for the same answer to the very same question.

How do I upload additional True Type (.ttf) or Open Type fonts (.otf) to my VB, so that the text written with these fonts would display accordingly even though users may not have these particular fonts installed on their PCs?

Comment