X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • svetka
    • Dec 2005
    • 3.6.x

Avatars - error message *can not save avatar*

I'm not sure about the wording of an error message, but the problem is that when user (or admin in cp) tryed to ad his own avatar, it didn't go through. The error message says that forum was unable to save an avatar.
    What can possible be wrong here and where should I look for a solution?
  • Mike Kemble
    • Jan 2005

Same here, all my custom avatars have vanished but all my smilies are still online.
    Information not shared, is lost

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

To troubleshoot this, remove any hacks and disable your plugins, then see if you still have this problem.

If so, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Next, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Mike Kemble
        • Jan 2005

Steve, replied in Phishing thread to this, my thanks anyway.
        Information not shared, is lost

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...