"You are not authorized to ban users who are not considered normal, registered users"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jinovich
    • Feb 2005
    • 3.5.x

"You are not authorized to ban users who are not considered normal, registered users"

Right, the super moderators on my forum seem to be having this occuring error when they try to ban a Vip member.

You are not authorized to ban users who are not considered normal, registered users
    I tried it myself on a test SM account and it seems I can ban some vip members and not others for some strange reason,

By vip I mean a usergroup setup and a paid subscription plan,

I have struggled to find an answer as to why the super moderators can only ban certain members who are part of the VIP usergroups (there are 7 different usergroups all have same features but different HTML markup on the usernames)

• Ken Iovino
    • Jan 2003
    • 3.7.x

Are they trying to ban members who are also staff?
    Ken Iovino
    Full Time PHP, Ruby and iOS Developer

Comment

• Jinovich
      • Feb 2005
      • 3.5.x

Nope not at all, they are not trying to ban a user who is in the Forum Moderators, Super Moderators, Forum Administrators usergroups.

The vips do moderate their own forum but regardless of that they are not added to any additional usergroups(such as forum mods) nor are the VIP usergroups set up with admin or Super Mod-like permissions. I know them being a mod in general in any forum is preventing some users from being banned but even with the work around I still have the same problem with other such members too.
      Last edited by Jinovich; Tue 20 Dec '05, 5:52am.

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

If they are assigned to a forum as a moderator, they are a moderator (only usergroups with the supermoderator/administrator permissions are moderators otherwise).

therefor they cannot be banned.

Comment

• Jinovich
          • Feb 2005
          • 3.5.x

Even seems to happen when the users are NOT moderating any forums but turned out that re-uploading all the files seem to fix it. Maybe I made an accidental code edit of the php file.

Comment