2.x->3.5 migration, where in the db does it store the cookie url?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doron
    • Apr 2000

2.x->3.5 migration, where in the db does it store the cookie url?

I am upgrading to 3.5.x from 2.x, and I am creating a temp dir and db to test things out. I'd like some users to test the new install, and am wondering, where in the DB does vBulletin store the cookie url? Since right now it is storing cookies with foo.com/forums rather than my temp dir.

thanks!
  • doron
    • Apr 2000

I found the db entry in the settins table (cookiepath), but that doesn't seem to change anything. Cookies still being set in the previous path.

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

You can find this with this query:

SELECT * FROM `setting` WHERE varname='cookiedomain';

You can also upload the tools.php script in the 'do_no
      t_upload' folder of the vB zip file to your Admin CP directory and use this to reset the cookie domain and path back to the defaults. And then leave your cookie domain and path at the default settings. There is no reason to change these. Instead specify a unique cookie prefix in config.php.

setting in config.php instead.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...