• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stingraynyc
    • Jan 2002

Hacked - is this possible?

got this PM today:

edit: removed, so person doesnt think he's getting any attention
    Last edited by Stingraynyc; Wed 14 Dec '05, 7:05pm.
  • Gameonlock.com
    • Nov 2005

Nah. Dout it..however anything is possible.

Comment

• Zachery
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Jul 2002

You can't brute force a vBulletin password without first knowing the salt, which means you'd need direct access to the database.

The way hes describing it, means that he would already have access to the server somehow, which means your already comprimised.

Assuming he doesn't have that access, hes just being a word I won't say on these forums and trying to invoke ph34r, he sounds like a script kiddie to be honest.

Comment

• Stingraynyc
        • Jan 2002

Originally posted by Zachery
        You can't brute force a vBulletin password without first knowing the salt, which means you'd need direct access to the database.

The way hes describing it, means that he would already have access to the server somehow, which means your already comprimised.

Assuming he doesn't have that access, hes just being a word I won't say on these forums and trying to invoke ph34r, he sounds like a script kiddie to be honest.
        Thanks, just wondering. I highly doubt any access to the server, its locked up pretty tight.

Can you htaccess admincp? just for some extra protection, or are their files that need to be used by the board in that dir. ?

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

Yeap, you can htaccess the admincp, modcp, includes folders if you want. Even the install folder if you are paranoid

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...