X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Leonardg
    • Sep 2005
    • 3.5.x

php email v.s. SMTP email

Having assorted problems using SMTP emails (notifications, messages, etc.). Our bulletin board is hosted on a datacenter NT web server & I have the SMTP pointing to our MC-Exchange server at a different location.

As long as the domain is the same as our Exchange server (igreat.com) like [email protected], the recipient gets the message. Only if not in the same domain like [email protected] does it not work.

Should I just try & use the 'native' PHP email? Is one better than the other?

(I did the vB diagnostics, works OK)
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

The domain issue is server related. You'd have to fix this on the server level.

Try PHP mail and see if you have the same problem.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Leonardg
      • Sep 2005
      • 3.5.x

php Email vs SMTP email

I switched the settings to use PHP email and seems to work OK now.

Any things I need to watch for when using PHP email? (We have a very lightly loaded site, little email)

Thanks again !

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

That should work fine. Do set this though:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Email Options -> Enable "-f" Parameter -> Yes
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...