X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gldtn
    • Jun 2003
    • 3.6.x

Search issues: getnew & getdaily

I searched around for this here on vB but could not find users with the same problem.

Anyways, my problem is that even when I'm certain that there is a new post/thread submitted to the forum and I click on search.php?do=getnew or search.php?do=getdaily it tells me nothing is found for some reason.. it was working fine till a couple of days ago, it just stopped working out of the blue.

I was using the vBulletin search engine, but after reading about the new mysql search engine function I have switch to it.

Anything I want to check here that maybe corrupting the searchs?

I empty the search index, rebuild it, and I also repaired and optomized all my vB tables just to make sure they were allright, but no luck ;/

Thanks in advance!
  • gldtn
    • Jun 2003
    • 3.6.x

Ok.. I found that it's searching only from a specifc forum catergory.. although I have all forum indexed. So I went and made a new post to that ceartain forum it and works.

How come new post is getting pulled only from this certain forum catergory?

I checked usergroup permissions, forum catergories settings, and all seems to be fine.

Comment

• gldtn
      • Jun 2003
      • 3.6.x

vB developers, please forgive me and Ignore this thread.. there was a small hack that I had installed that made this cease to function ;/

Thanks

Comment

• h_kakashi
        • Nov 2004

Which hack was causing the problems and what did you do to resolve it ?
        I am experiencing the sameish problems but have been unable to rectify the situation.

thanks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...