• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tim L. Walker
    • Apr 2005
    • 3.6.x

New to vB - help with 2 things

Hey all,

These are probably pretty simple, but I can't for the life of me get it to work. I've recently switched my photography forum from phpbb to vB 3.5.1, and these are the 2 things I need a hand with:

1) mods can edit Admin posts
    I don't want the mods to be able to edit any Admin posts... how can I make this the case?

2) admin posts still show "edited by" - want that removed
    I've tried to change that in admin permissions, but it still shows "edited by..." when I edit a post...

Thanks in advance,
    Tim L. Walker
    Download 1800+ Free Photography Wallpaper Images & 500,000+ Wallpapers for Free. ✓ 500,000+ HD Wallpapers & Photography Wallpaper 100% Free to Use ✓ High Quality Wallpapers ✓ Personalise for all Screen & Devices.
    PhotographyCorner.com
  • Danny.VBT
    • Aug 2005
    • 3.5.x

1.) I reccomend using Xenon's Message Editing Hierarchy product. This will allow you to set permission of moderating posts based on hierarchy. Read the thread for more info..

2.) By admin permissions, do you mean under usergroup permissions, did you set "Show edited by note on edited messages?" to no for administrators?

Comment

• Tim L. Walker
      • Apr 2005
      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Danny.VBT
      1.) I reccomend using Xenon's Message Editing Hierarchy product. This will allow you to set permission of moderating posts based on hierarchy. Read the thread for more info..
      Thanks, I'll check that out.

Originally posted by Danny.VBT
      2.) By admin permissions, do you mean under usergroup permissions, did you set "Show edited by note on edited messages?" to no for administrators?
      Exactly.
      PhotographyCorner.com

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

2. Check all the usergroups you are in. One of them has this set to 'Yes'. Also this is not retroactive and will not remove the 'edited by' from previous posts.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Tim L. Walker
          • Apr 2005
          • 3.6.x

Ahh... gotcha. thanks.
          PhotographyCorner.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...