• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • I, Brian
    • Feb 2003
    • 3.6.x

Plug-in PHP includes issue

Hi there -

Sorry to bother you - got an issue with not being able to set up a PHP include in the forum template since upgrading to 3.5:

I've used the plug-in manager to "Add Plugin", selected global_Start as the hook, and entered the code:

ob_start();
    require("/home/user/public_html/frombil/021905_proto_includes/domebuttons.php");
    $link = ob_get_contents();
    ob_end_clean();
    Plugin is active, and I've added "$link" at the top of the header template.

I was under the impression this is the right way to add a php include, but so far no luck with this method.

Any recommendations welcome.

• InvisionTech
    • Dec 2004
    • 3.7.x

Same issue here... followed the instructions but the area where I want to display the include is blank. And when i call the file being included directly, it works.
    Wise man says...
    Virtualization.net | DefenceTalk.com | World Affairs Talk.com | AutoTalk.com | SinoDefenceForum.com | Solutions.pro | PakistanTalk.com

Comment

• mitchb
      • Dec 2005
      • 3.5.x

Enable Plug-in/Hook System

This may be obvious, but I missed it for awhile and thought you may be missing it too.

You have to enable the Plug-in/Hook System, which is disabled by default. To enable:

1. Go to vBulletin Options in the Admin Control Panel.
      2. Double-click "Plug-in/Hook System" (all the way at bottom for me)
      3. Select "Yes" radio button.
      4. Click "Save" button.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...