Setting value for Custom fields? - Possible?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Reaktor7
    • Mar 2005

Setting value for Custom fields? - Possible?

Hey guys, rather simple question.

I want to make a custom profile field for each user, however I would like to change the value of the field passed to the db, for instance i want a yes/no radio field or a select/menu. I want human readable options for the field and display (obviously) but i would like to pass say '-1' to the database if Yes is selected and '0' if no is selected.

Is such a setup possible? Is there an easy way to do it lol

Cheers
    Mark
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

What is your overall goal? I wouldn't recommend changing how the options are stored, but there might be another way depending on your goal.

Comment

• Reaktor7
      • Mar 2005

Well I want to store information/options for another program, however obviously i would like a Yes/No answer for ease of use but the fields in the database need to be a certain format (i cant unfortunately edit the 'other' program) and so i was wondering if there was a way I can change whats stored in the database;

If worse comes to worse i can probably just make the options equal '-1' and '0' but that looks very bad imo.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

Changing the way options are stored would require modifying the code which is why I don't recommend doing that.

But if you need help with this I recommend you post on www.vbulletin.org.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...