X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jmorrow
    • Oct 2005
    • 3.5.x

Sub Categories

I'm having a little problem creating sub categories in my forums. I have a main category, then a sub forum which is closed to posts, & then forums under that but the bottom level subs show up on 2nd level & third. I just want them to show on the 3rd (under the sub forum). I checked the settings & everything seems to be ok. Any ideas on where I'm going wrong?
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

By default, vB only allows a forum depth of 2 to be dispayed (this includes categories.) To change this:

1. Admin CP -> Options -> vBulletin Options -> Forum Listings Display Options -> Depth of Forums -> Forum Home -> 3

2. Manually create new templates to increase the forums displayed. You have to add template forumhome_forumbit_levelx_post and template forumhome_forumbit_levelx_nopost for each level past 2, replacing the x with the level number. For instance:

forumhome_forumbit_level3_nopost
    forumhome_forumbit_level3_post
    etc.

Copy the contents of the other templates ('1' or '2') into these new templates. Then change the 'Depth of Forums' setting in the Admin CP to the appropriate number.

Repeat as necessary for whatever depth you want.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• www.GamingFor.Us
      • May 2010

How do I do this in vBulletin 4.0?
      http://acubs.com (my site, which is currently running VB 4).

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...