• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • buzz-worthy
    • Oct 2005
    • 3.5.x

How do I move my forum to a new domain?

How do I move my forum to a new domain?
    If anyone can show me a step by step process or Vbulletin Support can do this please let me know. Thanks!
  • Zonex
    • Dec 2004

Options > Site Name / URL / Contact Details
    Forum URL
    Homepage URL

Comment

• buzz-worthy
      • Oct 2005
      • 3.5.x

DO i need to transfer the folders? I need to transfer the forum to a new website, not just change the settings.
      Last edited by buzz-worthy; Mon 28 Nov '05, 8:08pm.

Comment

• Zonex
        • Dec 2004

If you are moving your site to a different server, yes. Thought you meant just changing domain name.
        Moving Servers

Comment

• cyberhypnotic
          • Jan 2006

If I'm using a Virtual Dedicated Server, do I only need to change the domain name in the member's area of vB and move the folders/files from one domain to the new one?

I shouldn't have to do anything with the database, correct? Maybe somehow make the new domain point to that database? Or do all domains use one database? When creating a new domain, I have to create a new database though.

Is this all correct or do I need to move the database from old domain to new one?

Comment

• Mathiau
            • Oct 2001
            • 3.5.x

that guide really is only good if yo uwant to use telnet - what if you have remote access to one system and have MySQL query / administrator and on the other system you have a web interface to use and FTP - but no telnet...

do i just backup the database using MySQL Admin / copy the files to the new server - then upload the sql dump file to restore the DB?

i made everything the same as the original server, but when i open index.php - it shows me the code - it doesnt process the site.. and php does work as i could do a fresh install fine...
            updating one of these days!

Comment