Post Icons still showing on main forum index homepage aftr disablng in Forum Manager?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zaon
    • Feb 2002

Post Icons still showing on main forum index homepage aftr disablng in Forum Manager?

Hi,

I've set Allow/Show post icons to 'no' in all of my forum manager forum settings, but I still see preexisting thread icons in the Last Post column of the main forum index hompage: www.zaon.org (there's a couple showing at the time of this post).

How can I disable those post/thread icons from showing in the Last Post column?

Thanks!

--Justin
  • zaon
    • Feb 2002

Hmm.. so is this an actual bug?

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

I don't believe those will go away until a new post replaces them. Try it and see.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• zaon
        • Feb 2002

What caused them to appear in the first place? I've had thread icons turned off for years in previous version of vbulleting.. now they've appeared upon ugrading from 3.0.7 to 3.5.1. Any idea?

--Justin

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

No sorry. I don't know.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• zaon
            • Feb 2002

This is more serious than I thought...

Even if you have thread/post icons turned off in a forum, if someone posts a Poll it shows the Poll icon on the main forumhome page despite not showing it when you enter that forum to see a list of threads. That is, there's still one place where thread icons are showing, and that's on the main forumhome index page.

This allows anyone to draw more attention to their thread via a brightly-colored poll icon that shows on the main index page of the forums...

Anyway this can be fixed? One option I suppose would be to upload a replacement poll icon that's only 1x1 pixel or something.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...