• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stdio
    • Oct 2004
    • 3.5.x

Error: 'vB_Inline_Mod' is undefined javascript error

Hi,

I just upgraded to 3.5.1. Everything is working except one little thing. I get Error: 'vB_Inline_Mod' is undefined that error when going to mydomain.com/forum/forumdisplay.php. The page loads, but I get this error.

I have added a vB CMPS module like:

define('VBA_PORTAL', true);
    define('VBA_PAGE', 'xpage');
    Without these two lines, forumdisplay.php loads fine without any errors. Any idea what is causing this?

Thanks!
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Revert your templates

Comment

• stdio
      • Oct 2004
      • 3.5.x

I did just after I upgraded vB. As I said, the page loads fine without that js error if I remove those lines..

Comment

• Rukas
        • Aug 2004

Did you manage to fix this, I get the same error.

Comment

• mferreira
          • Dec 2005

Hello, Guys

Did you fix that problem? vB_Inline_Mod undefined

Please, let me know because i'm having the same problem in whatever the style i use.

Thanks,
          Marcelo

Comment

• Steve Machol
            Former Customer Support Manager
            • Jul 2000

To troubleshoot this, remove any hacks and disable your plugins, then see if you still have this problem.

If so, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Next, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. You should not have this problem with the default vB code.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• mferreira
              • Dec 2005

It's almost impossible steve. I've installed many hacks and made many modifications (each of them carefully). I disabled all plugins and the problem continue the same. Is there any other way without have to remove stuff.

Comment

• Zachery
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Jul 2002

We can only provide support for the default installation. Which includes files / templates / and no plugins

Comment

• Steve Machol
                  • Jul 2000

You can set up a fresh test forum with all the original vB files and templates. Then if you can reproduce this problem on that forum, let me know. If not, then this will show that the problem is related to one or more changes you made.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• mferreira
                    • Dec 2005

The most interesting part is that the problem only happen when i'm logged in as administrator. When accessing as annonymous or a regular user, it's completely normal.
                    Last edited by mferreira; Mon 16 Jan '06, 2:23am.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                      • Jul 2000

Do you have more than one style?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• mferreira
                        • Dec 2005

currently not. only one, in a fixed and fluid mode but the same style. i can install the previous one to make a test.

Comment

• mferreira
                          • Dec 2005

OK No luck. The problem happens only when i log on as admin. I can't understand that.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                            • Jul 2000

To troubleshoot this, remove any hacks and disable your plugins, then see if you still have this problem.

If so, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Next, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• mferreira
                              • Dec 2005

I found the error steve. Actually when i transferred the files to the server during the migration process before this problem, one file (vbulletin_inlinemod.js) was demaged and because only admin users call for this file (i don't know if it's really true but that's the current scenario) the problem was generated only in those guys. In fact, the lines that call inline_mod were disabled in the FORUMHOME and FORUMDISPLAY by default and it came to my attention what those lines do. Could you explain me what this line do? I mean, the vbulletin_inlinemod.js along with the lines in FORUMHOME and FORUMDISPLAY.

Code:
                                                                                <!--
                                 inlineMod = new vB_Inline_Mod('inlineMod', 'thread', 'inlinemodform', '$vbphrase[go_x]');
                                                                                 -->
                              I want to thank my friend that helped me with that and you guys for any help you gave me.

Comment