X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • slinky
    • Mar 2001
    • 1.1.x

Stop Calendar Birthdays?

I don't know why birthdays keep appearing on my calendar. I thought that having "Display Today's Birthdays" set to "no" it would not show a link for today's birthdays. That would make sense but the calendar keeps showing the birthdays. Will I have to remove the code from my templates to prevent this from occurring?

I would think that calendar controls would be nice eventually, although this is primarily a forum software. Thanks!
    My law forum, lawyers and legal help site
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Admin CP -> Calendars & Moderators -> Calendar Manager -> Edit -> Show Birthdays on this Calendar

Comment

• slinky
      • Mar 2001
      • 1.1.x

Thanks much! Now where can I find the place to STOP sending birthday cards!! Somehow this has been turned on.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

You can delete the Happy Birthday Email scheduled task.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• slinky
          • Mar 2001
          • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          You can delete the Happy Birthday Email scheduled task.
          Steve -- and this would be where? Many thanks for this. If I may suggest, a consolidation of calendar and birthday characteristics be done in one place. This is a pretty specific issue. I would also change the Vbulletin Options eventually if possible, to move some of those specific items to their relevant areas. This could also include forum permissions, e.g. show descriptions, in the Forums and Moderators area.

Thanks Steve.

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

Admin CP -> Scheduled Tasks -> Scheduled Task Manager

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• slinky
              • Mar 2001
              • 1.1.x

Ahhh. superb. Many thanks. My only comment on this is that it is a destructive process and if one wants to enable sending birthday emails again, it's not something easy to do. Apparently it's a cron entry that triggers some php file or query. It might be better if there was an "on/off" toggle switch that would disable or make the entry in the cron.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

Just copy the currrent settings down so you can re-add this later if you want.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment