Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sinbad
    • Jan 2003

Attachment Problems

Some users have been reporting errors with zip or rar files after downloading them, they appear to have CRC errors.
    Also some people have reported that when downloading a zip in IE it appears at attachment.php rather than the filename.

I just tried this out for myself and managed to download a small zip file using IE6 no problem, but in firefox I also got errors. This is puzzling me as the only plugin I have installed is the "Who visited today" and as far as I aware this required no file modifications and should not affect attachments.

Any ideas??
  • Sinbad
    • Jan 2003

All users seem to be getting this problem using any browser. I have reuploaded all original VB3.5.0 non image files in ASCII mode and disabled the plugin mentioned above but still no luck.

Below are errors received in firefox and opera

Firefox
    ! C:\Documents and Settings\sinbad\Local Settings\Temp\menu.zip: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged
    ! Cannot execute "C:\DOCUME~1\sinbad\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rar$EX00.313\menu.exe"

Opera
    ! C:\Documents and Settings\sinbad\My Documents\menu.zip: Unexpected end of archive
    ! C:\Documents and Settings\sinbad\My Documents\menu.zip: CRC failed in menu. The file is corrupt

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

Remove any FF extensions and seee if you still have this problem.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Sinbad
        • Jan 2003

How do I do this? I'm not sure what you mean

Comment

• Steve Machol
          • Jul 2000

In FireFox:

Tools -> Extensions -> Uninstall

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Sinbad
            • Jan 2003

No that doesn't solve anything

Comment

• Steve Machol
              • Jul 2000

To troubleshoot this, the first thing you need to do is remove any hacks or plugins, then see if you still have this problem.

If so, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Next, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Sinbad
                • Jan 2003

Doesn't work, I think it is a problem with mime types, can you tell me what the settings should be for zip and rar files??

Comment

• Steve Machol
                  • Jul 2000

You can use this site to search for mime extensions:
                  FILExt.com is the file extension source. Here you'll find a collection of file extensions; many linked to the programs that created the files. FILExt helps you identify, open, view or convert unknown files.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Sinbad
                    • Jan 2003

No it's not that either, have tried everything that has been suggested but there are problems with certain browsers and it is something common with my forum as the same files uploaded at other VB3.5.0 forums give good results.

On my forum the results are

zip files download ok, using firefox 1.07 and IE6sp2
                    rar files are corrupt using firefox and are shown as attachment.php in IE6sp2

using a bog standard install of xpsp2 & firefox 1.07

zip files are ok using firefox 1.07 and IE6
                    rar files are corrupt using firefox BUT they download ok using IE6

so my main pc that has all the latest updates for XP on, has the attachment.php error, yet a standard install of xp doesnt, and rar files only work correctly when using Ie6 on a standard install of XPsp2 with no other updates.

very confusing.

Comment

• Sinbad
                      • Jan 2003

bump

Comment

• Steve Machol
                        • Jul 2000

Sorry, those are the only mime extensions I know about.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
                          Former vBulletin Developer
                          • May 2000
                          • 1.1.x

Do you have any whitespace at the top or bottom of config.php?

Comment

• Sinbad
                            • Jan 2003

No , there is no whitespace

Comment

• Sinbad
                              • Jan 2003

Also now when I click on an attachment that downloads OK in my particular combination of XP and IE6 , but using Opera or Firefox I get a load of hieroglyphics as below

PK � Óc(g'úÚQ®ÔpŒ{½è²¾8lãJ¾XyM+/òY� »TK�qÐÅÃìÂQý°È±—¹ü'ú™ññ÷Õ†LtØDÖáHkþÑ©ÖÊ€¦5\xJ@ب +ƒ�ìwK�÷†sÅÍWë°yùE²'ƒãÛÚĪù¸FžÞwGÊW&-o\A�(« (*ê®a“šŠn`co$M:1´êjjù&ŒI˜øŽü°KŸ‡wÝÐü¥—¿”»¶b8m¯ßƒ¤ôcè«ÊÙ,”–^äø8Ų€+–Σc±âØ,¬·^iÂVU ¡>¼ ðצUì.Ô¥èf>¼3kÊÂOEš€V¶F,¢}äbåœ>ñLbŒÕ§Wc0†Ëè 6øè ¾•yþ`€w4˜Ï¦±fÿX¬ V™#(Šèžu‘2ês 9ŸÃ$ì2êE°P¬a{9Ypv-2@€L‘q¤ˆj!1lÊj±çƒO컯��äb)Ô† U+èE¯ÖZ-ÄÀ+ ØÖw“+Ì`¹½/W>Ü`¡2L‘PFCóQD{Ða¡ v•ê劜P¯ØTS8Éd*S\¬9=Ø¿Qt¿Ú9ιùD—‚Ñiü|þÈ€7¹ˆîaÍ:g¯Ô?”gtw†Â}¬óu"òqˆ¾•8„B;£æ×ýIŸ ©Å“jöq® œ–Lþ‡—b(É$gÞAã~ð|ÓX4¸kú”àŸú–zEΗÁÓu¦–†µi*àÏð›ͬŒöñ�5 ü ü“Ú4~XûU¢ÀìýnGüù±´#Ñ¿~ì0¨ÇqW«ü;ÃTdˆõuè9®×o¸adè%H¶tyÊãÞŽ¯{ç{»†½5÷r~Ú#S¹‘:áãA·£™ øKçÝ�xsþò/~¹7EdJôB«ªÑ,X¸ÒJê”z÷x µû^\Ó/õÏo^íncM¯qÁvÍŸIýÀǵSßLúýw{{o2¥>†Ç~RRž5»›¼L¯÷feöQÞ¿g"Í{?èÏF½Ⱥ÷^«‚²õ†xßØöº>éØ»VóL=| ÷¦½Iï|p±×Ë@ê£ïžuÞÎ0ëPó�³XÄÉÝt:è�ö.‘B'ÿÌÌÙuo°·7£ ø÷ÊØïMgý»Éø¶¿g«à$±–”�Ò/� 0ø�9;‘¢º€*Á.Ù2Ù›è= ¯ŠÂ`]è÷ðýú×ïú£Ë¿�¯þ~5öE÷ùé�¾!öPK4°Å³2‰~ãö�ªÞTœ‘»‡Äñè.•Ý·j¯%�2 c‹p刅ء,dswðQ o¹fH¥yдpA×*Óþ‹Üññ¤Ù x4x7*]¦J=Ú`Ó(<…AŠ^Âè`&ûX@ˆ¢ Ö›–…$

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...