Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cartooner
    • Aug 2005

Trouble with pull down menus.

Since 3.5.0 was installed some of my mods and members have had problems with Thread Tools etc... users have had issues with Quick Links menu and others.
    They work in some places and not others.

Thread tools work in some areas and not the rest.... new and old threads alike.

Quick links works on main page and may or may not work once you are in there.

This is on a new style I created after 3.5 was installed....
  • Bytecon
    • Jan 2005

I had teh exact same problem, try reverting your navbar template, it sorted it for me.

Comment

• cartooner
      • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Bytecon
      I had teh exact same problem, try reverting your navbar template, it sorted it for me.
      I did a Revert on Navbar...but some members still have the same problem..

Members Comment:Its all of them, Search, Quick links, Thread tools, rate the thread, display modes

Comment

• conqsoft
        • Jul 2003
        • 3.6.x

Revert SHOWTHREAD as well. Really, you need to revert/update ANY templates since so much has changed.
        vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

• cartooner
          • Aug 2005

Originally posted by conqsoft
          Revert SHOWTHREAD as well. Really, you need to revert/update ANY templates since so much has changed.
          I can't revert SHOWTHREAD because it hasn't been customized. It is at default already!!

Comment

• conqsoft
            • Jul 2003
            • 3.6.x

Add a new style, choose No Parent Style, clear your browser cache, and try it using that style.
            vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

• MPS
              • Aug 2005

How come this is a problem all of a sudden?, I have the same problem.

Comment

• conqsoft
                • Jul 2003
                • 3.6.x

It's a problem because 3.5 was a MAJOR upgrade, and lots of templates and javscript have changed.

Comment

• MPS
                  • Aug 2005

It's a problem because 3.5 was a MAJOR upgrade, and lots of templates and javscript have changed.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...53&postcount=8
                  I put in 3.5.0 the day after it came out AND I reverted all templates and all was fine until yesterday.

Comment

• cartooner
                    • Aug 2005

Add a new style, choose No Parent Style, clear your browser cache, and try it using that style.
                    That's what I did originally...i had Default Style, then VB did install of 3.5. After that I added a new style, choosing No Parent Style. Made mine design changes, using no hack codes, only the ones from here.
                    Still same thing..some members still have trouble with Drop Downs.
                    I'm not having trouble myself, and the members have cleared out their browsers cookies, etc. and still doesn't help!!

Comment

• conqsoft
                      • Jul 2003
                      • 3.6.x

If it works for you, then it's definately something on the user side. Find out details about their browser version, etc.

Comment

• cartooner
                        • Aug 2005

If it works for you, then it's definately something on the user side. Find out details about their browser version, etc.

They're using IE6..

One question, I added this code in Navbar for Image Uploader on NavBar. I put it in just the way it was in 3.0.8 ver. Is this ok in 3.5 this way??

<!-- nav buttons bar -->
                        <div align="center">
                        <table class="tborder" cellpadding="$stylevar[cellpadding]" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%" align="center" style="border-top-width:0px">
                        <tr align="center">
                        <td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="http://www.filecabin.com" target="_blank">Image Uploader</a></td>
                        <if condition="$show['member']">
                        <td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="usercp.php$session[sessionurl_q]">$vbphrase[user_cp]</a></td>
                        </if>
                        <if condition="$show['registerbutton']">
                        <td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="register.php$session[sessionurl_q]" rel="nofollow">$vbphrase[register]</a></td>

I thought maybe that might be causing trouble. But the Image Uploader selection works on everyones. Stumped!!

Comment

• Mika
                          • Mar 2001

Ask if they are using any adblocking software or browser plugins etc.

Comment

• hdraye
                            • Jul 2004
                            • 4.1.x

This happens if there are more posts in a thread than the default post per page (mine is 10 posts before it goes to page 2 of the thread) if there are 11+ posts then it does not work, if 10- then its ok

Please help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...