Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • karendmom
    • May 2003

Adding new avatar problem

I upgraded to 3.5 over the weekend. After a few minor glitches things seem to be moving smoothly. Then today I tried to add some new avatars to the forum. I FTP the pics to the server and store them in customavatar folder as I did previous to the upgrade. I then go to the control panel, chose add avatar and type in all the necessary information and then save. The problem is that after saving, the avatars load and the new avatar is not there, I get an error x box. When I go in and edit the avatar there is no url for the avatar in the url line - even though I had typed it in prior to saving. When I type it in a second time and save it the avatar then shows up in the avatar list.

This has happened for three pics today. Any ideas?

Thank you!
  • karendmom
    • May 2003

I'm still having this same problem when I add new avatars to the custom avatar area. Any idea what I can do to fix this.

Thanks

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

If you have not installed any hacks (which includes portals), fill out a support ticket at:

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• attroll
        • Jan 2003
        • 4.2.X

I am having this same problem. I have had it for a while now and just been dealing with it. The only hack I have installed is Brian's vBAdvance portal. Do I need to fill out a trouble ticket or is there a quick fix for this?

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

You will need to remove or disable vBAdvanced first to get official support.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...