X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Martin CX
    • Nov 2001
    • 3.5.x

Deleted posts don't appear deleted in the threaded list window

This is about when viewing a topic in threaded display mode.

Before, when a post was deleted, it would still appear for the moderators in the thread window, but with the title "Deleted" (or something similar).

Now, it appears exactly as any other (undeleted) post in the thread window, making life very difficult for those of my moderators who uses threaded display mode.

Does anybody know, what has happened?

Thanks,
    Martin CX
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Do you have a screenshot of this?

To troubleshoot this, the first thing you need to do is remove any hacks or plugins, then see if you still have this problem.

If so, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Next, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Martin CX
      • Nov 2001
      • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      Do you have a screenshot of this?

To troubleshoot this, the first thing you need to do is remove any hacks or plugins, then see if you still have this problem.

If so, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Next, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
      Thank you for your reply.

I attached a (partial) screenshot.

I also reuploaded all files, cleared my cache, disabled all my plugins (no hacks needed in vB3.5 ), and made a fresh style. The problem persists.

Weird, but incredibly annoying to my moderators. Please help.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

Which version are you running? I believe this was a bug in one of the RCs.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Martin CX
          • Nov 2001
          • 3.5.x

3.5.0 uploaded from the vbulletin_3-5-0_{license number}.zip file.
          Last edited by Zachery; Tue 18 Oct '05, 6:43am.

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

Sorry, what is suppoed to be wrong with the pic your provided?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Martin CX
              • Nov 2001
              • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
              Sorry, what is suppoed to be wrong with the pic your provided?
              Both the post highlighted in the thread window and the one following is deleted. Yet, this isn't apparent to the moderators who then needlessly clicks through parts of a thread partially or completely gone (presumably already moderated). This is very aggravating to them and it is new behavior since vB3.0 showed these posts as "Deleted" in the thread window.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

So the deletion notice is not showing up in threaded view, correct? If that's the issue then I suggest posting this in the 3.5 Bug Tracker so the Devs can have a look.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Martin CX
                  • Nov 2001
                  • 3.5.x

Alright. Thanks for your time.

edit: Well the deletion notice is not showing up in the thread view window, but as the screen shot shows it shows whether the actual post you're looking at is deleted. Boy, this is hard to explain.
                  Last edited by Martin CX; Mon 17 Oct '05, 9:21pm. Reason: typo

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...