How do I change the time at the bottom my page?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HUMMER
    • Sep 2005

How do I change the time at the bottom my page?

Okay at the bottom page of my New forum http://www.orchidgeeks.com/forum/ it has the time saying it is

"All times are GMT. The time now is 02:05 PM."
    when it is really 10:41AM (Boston time). How do I change this to show that the time is really 10:41am?

Thanks
    \
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

UserCP > Edit Options > Date & Time Options > Time Zone

Set your timezone

Comment

• HUMMER
      • Sep 2005

Okay I set my time zone to eastern time...its still having the wrong time...saying its 2:30 am when its really 10:30 PM!
      \

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

You need to set the timezone and DST settings in the Admin CP to match the timezone of the server your forums are running on. Then each user needs to set their local timezones/DST in the User CP.

If this is done correctly, then the correct time will show.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• gfuchs
          • Oct 2005
          • 3.5.x

Ok I give up, I found the Default Time Zone Offset for guests and new users but can't find where to set the server time zone.

Thanks,
          Greg

Comment

• GsxrTony
            • Apr 2002

Originally posted by gfuchs
            Ok I give up, I found the Default Time Zone Offset for guests and new users but can't find where to set the server time zone.

Thanks,
            Greg
            Unless yoru the server admin you cant do that. you need to contact your provider and tell them the clock on the server is not correct, I have this problem from time to time, your VB system is working correctly, once the server is set up properly your time will work. although be prepared for your threads to be posted out of order until your posting times catch up with the old server time. I have had threads all screwed up from this, but it only last for as many hours as the time was off.

Comment

• gfuchs
              • Oct 2005
              • 3.5.x

Thanks, the server time is correct. what I am looking for is the answer to this
              "You need to set the timezone and DST settings in the Admin CP to match the timezone of the server your forums are running on."
              Unless I'm reading this wrong, it's referring to a setting I can't find.
              (I'm currently doing a new install)

Greg
              Last edited by gfuchs; Mon 17 Oct '05, 9:04am.

Comment

• HUMMER
                • Sep 2005

ok I found my solution...in my users settings of a users profile you can adjust the time to suite your time zone.
                \

Comment

• GsxrTony
                  • Apr 2002

Originally posted by gfuchs
                  Thanks, the server time is correct. what I am looking for is the answer to this
                  "You need to set the timezone and DST settings in the Admin CP to match the timezone of the server your forums are running on."
                  Unless I'm reading this wrong, it's referring to a setting I can't find.
                  (I'm currently doing a new install)

Greg
                  oh here ya go, try this.

Admincp => click vbulletin options arrow => click vbulletin options => click date and time options.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...