• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • popowich
    • Jun 2004
    • 3.8.x

Java Medu Dropdown Broken

Hello,

After upgrading from 3.0.9 to 3.5 many of my java dropdown menus no longer work. The java boxes that do not work are the thread tools, rate a rate etc dropdowns in thread postings, and the profile dropdown when you click on a member name.

I did not realize before the upgrade that you are suppsoed to dleete all files before uploading the new version. The old files are gone now, but existed if they did not have a new one to overwrite them during the upgrade.

I did see the note about reverting the templates. I had 1 listed, the headers template, which i reverted and then after testing typed back in. It did not resolve my issue. With plugins disabled the only change to my files is that the main forums index.php uses comma = "<br> " instead iof comma = ", ", it makes the upcoming events listing much easier to read. Undoing that change doesn't help BTW.

My forum is WNYPoker.com. An example thread where the dropdowns do not work is:

Secure the right domain name for your business or website today. Custom tailored payment plans available to fit any budget.

This issue seems to apply to most if not all of my threads from before the upgrade, and at least some that were created after the upgrade. Any thought on this issue would be appreciated. If you need more details I'[ll be happy to provide them.

Thanks!
    -Raymond
    Talk about New York | Email Help
  • conqsoft
    • Jul 2003
    • 3.6.x

Try clearing your browser cache as well.
    vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

• popowich
      • Jun 2004
      • 3.8.x

Hello,

I noted in my original post that I did the template revert thing and now have no templates listed in that link. The listed template was headers. Even with an empty template I still had this issue.

I have this problem from computers that have never been to my site, with brand new web browsers. I have other members in my forum who have this problem. This issue is becoming increasingly aggravating as it is very difficult to moderate my forum.

If anyone has a suggestion on what else I can check it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
      -Raymond @ WNYPoker.com

Comment

• conqsoft
        • Jul 2003
        • 3.6.x

Did you try creating a whole new style with no parent, and browsing the site using that style with a browser that has a cleared cache?
        vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

• popowich
          • Jun 2004
          • 3.8.x

Hello,

I did not try a new style. I grabed vbulletin_Power_Blue from vbulletin.org and when I'm using that style everything is OK. This is from the same web browser, no cache clear needed. If I go back to the default vBulletin style I still have the problem. I'm not quite sure what this all implies technically as far as VB goes, but it seems like a troubleshooting step in the right direction. What's next? Thanks!

-Raymond

Comment

• conqsoft
            • Jul 2003
            • 3.6.x

That means you have some modified templates that need reverting.

Start with the SHOWTHREAD template. Try reverting it.

Comment

• popowich
              • Jun 2004
              • 3.8.x

That template does not appear to be revertable:

---
              SHOWTHREAD:

This template has not been customized in this style or any of its parent styles.
              ---

Also, "find updated templates" says that all templates are up to date.

-Raymond

Comment

• conqsoft
                • Jul 2003
                • 3.6.x

Go here:
                AdminCP->Styles & Templates->Style Manager

Click Add New Style on the right and choose No Parent Style in the dropdown.

Use that style to browse your site, if it works, then you know it's something in your old style that is the issue. The easiest thing to do may be to just modify this new default style to meet your needs, then you know you'll be all up-to-date.
                Last edited by conqsoft; Fri 7 Oct '05, 12:37pm.

Comment

• popowich
                  • Jun 2004
                  • 3.8.x

Is there a "default style" download that I can get and import as "default2"?

I'd like to start from scratch with the normal VB style, I like it the way it is.

-Raymond

Comment

• conqsoft
                    • Jul 2003
                    • 3.6.x

If you do what I said, that is the default vB style. Name it whatever you want.

Comment

• popowich
                      • Jun 2004
                      • 3.8.x

Fixed, Thanks!

After starting work on the new style I ran into the problems again when updating my navbar. I have some code with links that result in a second navbar under the default one. I'm not sure why that broke things, but I copied my 2 navbar links code into the new default navbar, then copied that entire template and overwrote the default style navbar with it. Did that make sense how I wrote it? All seems to be working great now. I learned a little something new today, thanks again!

-Raymond

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...