Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ABLady
    • Apr 2002

Language problem after upgrading 3.0.7 to 3.5.0 gold

I knoticed that my translated board has some problems after upgrading. I noticed that in some language phrases for instance [sessionurl] was changed to {2} (and so because of this change in my translated phrases containg sessionurl does not work anymore.)

I thought the whole purpose of the new system was so that language phrases would not change.

What is going on and how do I fix all these problems now?
    Last edited by ABLady; Wed 5 Oct '05, 10:17am.

:cool: That which is obvious, needs no introduction. :cool:
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Some phrased have changed but not many. You will need to redo the ones that are giving you a problem.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• ABLady
      • Apr 2002

Thank you steve,

Two questions:
      1. Do you know which ones have changed?
      2. Will vb change these language files again? If so, what's the purpose of having language files done this way? It's just a lot of work for translaters to translate all these different values and then to find out that they keep changing and that you have to search to find out which ones have changed and if you are lucky, you'll stumble upon the ones that have changed.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

1. Unfortunately I do not have a list of phrases that have changed from 3.0.7.

2. It's possible phrases may change in the future or new ones added.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• ABLady
          • Apr 2002

Suggestion to dev team.

In that case, I would like to suggest that at least your development team make the list of changed phrases available as they get changed (In the future).

Also, if the whole system is ever going to get changed, it would be nice if the development team make a script that would automatically convert the old system to the new versions. Or, at least make this huge task easier by some script that would help in the conversion process.

And what would altimately be nice, is that you find a system where you would never have to change the laguage files.

If you have ever had to translate vb into another language, and then had to do it all over again you would feel not so happy about it.

I am now ofcourse over it!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...