X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Loony BoB
    • Sep 2003
    • 4.2.X

Problems with the Moderation Menu and Forum Jump Menu

I've been trying to adjust the SHOWTHREAD template and have come across a bit of a problem.

If you can see the snapshot below (excuse the fact it was taken on a crap monitor), you'll have an idea of what the bottom of a thread in EoFF looks like. I took this snapshot on my test board.

I want to have the forum jump on the left hand side in the same table row as the moderation menu, however whenever I try to move it there, either the moderation menu or the forum jump ends up not working correctly. If I remember the problems I've had, they include the moderation menu's 'Go' button counting the posts selected but not making any actions when pressed, and on another occasion when I tried a different bit of coding in order to get it there, the forum jump's 'Go' button actioned the moderation menu!

If anyone could help, that would be really appreciated.

Also, is it possible to have the moderation menu in the same layout as the forum jump menu? Consistency is a wonderful thing, especially if I have them in the same table row.

EDIT: It'd probably help if I actually attached the screenshot.
    Attached Files
    Eyes on Final Fantasy Forums - An Online Community of Final Fantasy Fans
    Eyes on Final Fantasy (Site) - The Most In-Depth Final Fantasy Site Online
  • Loony BoB
    • Sep 2003
    • 4.2.X

I think I read somewhere that you can bump a thread after 24 hours, so... *bump* If not, apologies.

Comment

• Mike Sullivan
      Former vBulletin Developer
      • Apr 2000
      • 3.6.x

You're going to be double nesting forms, so unless you modify the forumjump to submit via JS, you're not going to be able to do that.

Comment

• Loony BoB
        • Sep 2003
        • 4.2.X

What kind of seperation do these forms require? Different tables and they should work okay?

Comment

• Mike Sullivan
          Former vBulletin Developer
          • Apr 2000
          • 3.6.x

You just can't have a <form> within a <form> in the HTML. Look for the </form> tag for inline moderation -- you can't put the forum jump before that.

Comment

• Loony BoB
            • Sep 2003
            • 4.2.X

Hmm... what if I was to use a single cell, code up the moderation menu and float it to the right using span, then put the other code in for the forum jump? *goes to try*

EDIT: That'll be a "no", then. Damn.
            Last edited by Loony BoB; Thu 6 Oct '05, 11:25am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...