X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wnxwakko
    • Oct 2001
    • 3.8.x

Reputation Explaination Please.

Ok I understand the whole giving rep and taking rep. What I dont get is how reputation power works. I realize is has to do with your ability to give rep, but how? Is your rep power the number of reps you can give? is it the wieght of your rep vs someone elses?? Can someone explain this?
    WNxWakko
    sigpic
  • Colin F
    • May 2004

The reputation power is the amount of reputation you can give.
    An admin could choose, for example, to be able to give 10 reputation points, while normal users are only allowed to give 2. Possibly he feels that his opinion is more important or that this helps prevent misuse of the system by bad-tempered users.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• wnxwakko
      • Oct 2001
      • 3.8.x

Well that would seem logical, however I had 146 reputation power points. I gave out rep to 3 different people. Right after that, my Rep Power went up to 147. So this makes no sense to me now. And noone gave me any rep during this timeframe.
      WNxWakko
      sigpic

Comment

• wnxwakko
        • Oct 2001
        • 3.8.x

anyone going to explain this? bump
        WNxWakko
        sigpic

Comment

• jribz
          • Oct 2003

If you look in the reputation options you'll see there are more factors that determine your reputation and reputation power, of which the amount of time you have been registered and the number of posts you have factor in.

Comment

• wnxwakko
            • Oct 2001
            • 3.8.x

I know about the options, but it doesnt explain very well.

Reputation Power to me means how many times you can give rep. So if you have 147 that should mean you can give out 147 reputation points and everytime you do, it should decrease by 1.

Problem is my rep power went up after I gave out some rep but it wasnt consistant with anything. Went up 1 after giving 3. So to me the logical sense in this system is not well known.
            WNxWakko
            sigpic

Comment

• Zachery
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Jul 2002

Thats not how it works...

You have a number x for your reputation power, when you give reputation to other people, you give X. If you are taking reputation away you give X/2 (half of your reputation power).

If you got 147 magicly, chances are you hit a critera to get another point of power, be it posts, or more repoutation, or time since registration

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...