Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vdinh
    • Feb 2002

vBulletin 3.5 RC2 and unicode scripting

I have a small problem which I would like to ask to see if there is a way to fix it :

My site uses Unicode. Therefore, for the original textarea or input fields in the editor_toolbar_on, editor_toolbar_off, editpost, newthread, and newreply templates, I did add in the call for a particular unicode javascript. Hence, it looks like:

Code:
    <textarea [B]onkeyup="initTyper(this);"[/B]>$message</textarea><br>

The mentioned unicode script is included in the headinclude template:

Code:
    <script language="JavaScript1.2" src="../js/vietuni.js" type='text/javascript'></script>

Now if I use the Basic and Standard options, I can type unicode characters correctly (the characters resolve correctly). However, if I use WYSIWYG option, whatever I type won't resolve.

For example:
    In Basic and Standard option: if I type: "vBulletin so^' 1", it will resolve correctly to "vBulletin số 1".
    In WYSIWYG option, if I type: "vBulletin so^' 1", it will stay like that without resolving.

When I compare the newthread html code of the display page, I see one noted difference (there may be more, I haven't compared them thoroughly):

For Standard mode:
    Code:
    <input type="hidden" name="wysiwyg" id="vB_Editor_001_mode" value="0" />
    <script type="text/javascript">
    <!--
    vB_Editor['vB_Editor_001'] = new vB_Text_Editor('vB_Editor_001', 0, '3', '1');
    //-->
    </script>
      <!-- / message area -->
    For WYSIWYG mode:
    Code:
    <input type="hidden" name="wysiwyg" id="vB_Editor_001_mode" value="1" />
    <script type="text/javascript">
    <!--
    vB_Editor['vB_Editor_001'] = new vB_Text_Editor('vB_Editor_001', 1, '3', '1');
    //-->
    </script>
      <!-- / message area -->

Previously, when I was still running version 3.0.8, when the WYSIWYG template was still available separately from the standard template, I was able to just edit the templates with the mentioned above codes. Everything would work correctly.

Does anybody have any suggestion ? Thanks .
  • vdinh
    • Feb 2002

Bump ^^^. Any clue please ?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...