X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sovereign
    • Jun 2004
    • 3.7.x

Disable post moderation???

I have all my usergroups set to "no moderation" (I don't want to have to moderate posts, it's annoying and my users are generally good) and all forums are no moderation. Why, then is one user's posting requiring moderation all the time?
  • evilzedar
    • Jun 2005

Hard to tell without more info, or looking at the settings myself. Maybe that user has a secondary usergroup on his account, they can cause all kinda of strange permission errors if not done carefully enough.

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

Check ALL the usergroup permissions for that forum (Forum Permissions). One of the usergroups they are in is set to moderate posts.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Sovereign
        • Jun 2004
        • 3.7.x

Fast and accurate, as always. Thanks! Problem fixed!

Comment

• dmm2020
          • Jun 2010

Ad add-on to this post.

Problem I had myself was traced to spam management. Akizmet raises a lot of false positives and once I turned off the spam management option, problem went away. This is the vBulletin default spam management settings I am talking about. It should be redone in such away, that webmasters can control whether or not it is allowed to send posts into moderation. That should be a setting for this default installed plugin.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...