Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lilsalmon
    • Apr 2004
    • 3.5.0 Pre-Release

I just upgraded from vb3.5 RC1 to RC2 and any thread longer than 1 page will not allow me to use the 'Thread Tools' dropdown and any other drop down. What gives? Am I missing something. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

-Lil'
  • Aros
    • Jun 2002
    • 3.7.x

Looks like the issue isn't persisting on vBulletin.com Community, do you have any plugins installed and when you do a hard refresh (ctrl+f5) is the issue fixed?

Comment

• lilsalmon
      • Apr 2004
      • 3.5.0 Pre-Release

No luck on the hard refresh... there are others having the same problem. i have seen it listed, just not the fix for it. I was hoping going from RC1 to RC2 would fix it but no luck. I am running vBadvanced CMPS and vBadvanced Gallery.

-Lil'

Comment

• southernlady
        • May 2005
        • 4.0.x

Unlike MY thread tool issue which was caused by having something in the nav bar that wasn't part of the original files, there is nothing in yours that should cause this issue.

However, as the staff always tell us,
        The first thing I recommend is that you reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Next, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
        IF that cures it then add things back ONE item at a time until something breaks it. Liz
        Secret City Designs

Comment

• lilsalmon
          • Apr 2004
          • 3.5.0 Pre-Release

Thanks again for you help with this SL! I have added in all of the files one by one. With no luck. I just don't understand how it works with some threads and not others.

-Lil'

Comment

• lilsalmon
            • Apr 2004
            • 3.5.0 Pre-Release

I switched over to Default Style and when I go into the individual threads I still see my custom style. The main area of the forum reverts to the default style no problem, but when I go into a thread it goes back to my custom style? What am I doing wrong.

As a matter of fact I can't use any of the 'drop-down' type tools beyond the main page of my forum.

Comment

• Steve Machol
              Former Customer Support Manager
              • Jul 2000

This means that you have a specific Style set in the Forum Manager. Change that.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• lilsalmon
                • Apr 2004
                • 3.5.0 Pre-Release

I changed it to DEFAULT and it still does it. I am running vB 3.5 RC2 right out of the box so I am not sure what the issue is? I changed the entire forum to the Default Style... nothing. I changed the individual forums to Default Style... nothing. You guys don't think this is a bug?

-Lil'

Comment

• conqsoft
                  • Jul 2003
                  • 3.6.x

Any plugins installed? If so, make sure you try it with all those inactive too.
                  vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

• lilsalmon
                    • Apr 2004
                    • 3.5.0 Pre-Release

Tried that... still nothing... I'm outta answers??

Comment

• Steve Machol
                      Former Customer Support Manager
                      • Jul 2000

Change your style setting in the User CP and disable all styles except the one with the original templates. Then clear your browser cache.
                      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• lilsalmon
                        • Apr 2004
                        • 3.5.0 Pre-Release

Thanks again Steve. I actually rebuilt my style from scratch and everything works great. Took a little time, but now it fresh for 3.5! Thanks for everyones help.

-Lil'

Comment

• Dan Simon
                          • Mar 2004
                          • 3.6.x

Just as an FYI for folks (might save some time):

I was having the same problem (only on pages that had a "page selector" involved) and spent some time going through my styles to figure out where the issue was. One style component that I had never changed was showing as red/changed from the original -- "navbar". A suspcious name for the culprit if ever there was one. Reverted it and all dropdowns/navbars were in working order again.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...