• Show
Clear All

• Problem With PhpMyAdmin

Hello,

I installed the 3.5 beta4 English version. With:

PHP 4.3.10
    MySql 4.1.11-log
    Apache v1.3.31

There are some Chinese users registered to the BBS with Chinese IDs. Everything is running well now, the Chinese IDs are displayed and logged in properly.

However, one problem is that when I tried to manage the database through phpmyadmin, I found all the Chinese words are displayed like this:

& # 25105;& # 26159;& # 23567;& # 21487;& # 29233;

meaning that they are not encoded properly. any suggestions?

Thank you!

upup

Comment

Please wait at least 12 hours beefore bumping your posts.

Is there a specific vBulletin problem you are having? We have no control over how phpMyAdmin displays data.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
        Please wait at least 12 hours beefore bumping your posts.

Is there a specific vBulleetin problem you are having? We have no control over how phpMyAdmin displays data.
        right, cheers mate!

Comment

Your seeing the HTML entities and thats how we store them, probably due to the character set you are using.
          Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

thank u mate.

other than the phpmyadmin, any other good tools can be used to manage the Vbulletion database online?

cheers!

Comment

I do not suggest trying to edit any data in the vBulletin database outside of the AdminCP, editing data in phpmyadmin could have adverse unfixable effects.

Comment

Working...
              X