• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThorstenA
    • Nov 2004
    • 4.0.x

PM/Editor: "A script on this page is causing mozilla to run slowly ..."

After post reply a pm message I get from firefox:
    "A script on this page is causing mozilla to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive. Do you want to abort the script?"

And if I click on cancel, it is slowing down my computer extremely.

After writing the message again and click on "okay", firefox hanged up.

The same goes for opera, but there's no message, it's just slowing my computer down.

(beta 4)
    Last edited by ThorstenA; Mon 18 Jul '05, 4:49am.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Is this happening to you in these forums?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• ThorstenA
      • Nov 2004
      • 4.0.x

I tried to post the message here, but had problems (maybe because of the quotes inside). Maybe you could pm me a mail adress and I write you the message via email.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean. I was trying to suggest that you do the same thing on these forums that is causing a problem on your forums.. This will help us troubleshoot the problem.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• ThorstenA
          • Nov 2004
          • 4.0.x

Post test (......)

Comment

• ThorstenA
            • Nov 2004
            • 4.0.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
            Sorry, I don't understand what you mean. I was trying to suggest that you do the same thing on these forums that is causing a problem on your forums.. This will help us troubleshoot the problem.
            I was trying to just post the body of the private mail here and had problems. But now it worked (post #5, I deleted it now). Anyway, by sending you the private message now, I had the problems described with opera (first post) and firefox (second post).

Usually the receiver gets the messages, but the sender just gets warnings (firefox) or a doing-nothing-browser (opera)

Comment

• Steve Machol
              • Jul 2000

Yeah, I tried to reply to that PM and got an error about the 'code' on that page (and I'm using IE.) Please report this in the 3.5 Bug Tracker.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...