Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stitch40
    • Jul 2005

GMT Timezone clock off by 1 everytime

Ok i have checked the default time and the user cp time and i keep coming up with the same problem, I am running version 3.0.7 and thsi is my problem

If i set either or to GMT -5, when i load a page at the bottom it says GMT -4, and if i set it to GMT -6 it comes up as GMT -5, and so forth. Not only are they off by one, but even the time is wrong for each time zone. Any help?

Edit::

Now that i notice it, even the clock on this site is wrong, check it out. and NO my clock on my computer is not wrong. The image below is a screenshot taken from this very site. I am in new york (Eastern time) which is GMT -5. The time is 2:20 but your clock reads 1:20.

The clock on my site is off by two hours and i cant even get GMT -5 to work, The second picture wrongtime2.gif is a screenshot of my user cp on my site.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by stitch40; Thu 7 Jul '05, 10:32pm.
  • htscpl
    • Sep 2003
    • 3.8.x

Have you check for Daylight Savings Time? My site is in Houston, the normal time of 'CST' is a GMT -6; however right now it shows a GMT -5, since we are on 'CDT' (central daylight time).
    Take the party with you.

http://www.htslifestyle.com

Comment

• stitch40
      • Jul 2005

my daylights saving is fine. But right now GMT -5 time is reading 11:47 on my site but the time is really 1:47 AM EST

Comment

• Matthew Gordon
        • May 2002
        • 1.1.x

Actually, it is 1:15 AM EST (at the time of this post), and 2:15 AM EDT.

Is JavaScript enabled in your browser? If not, set the DST correction to always on in your User CP.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

Have you verified that the default timezone setting in the Admin Control Panel is correct?

vBulletin Options -> Date and Time Options -> Default Time Zone Offset.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• stitch40
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
            Have you verified that the default timezone setting in the Admin Control Panel is correct?

vBulletin Options -> Date and Time Options -> Default Time Zone Offset.
            Yes, and thats what the problem is, if i set it to GMT -6, the default is GMT-5, if i set it to GMT-5 the default becomes -4 and so forth

Comment

• Matthew Gordon
              • May 2002
              • 1.1.x

The east coast of the US is currently GMT -4, not GMT -5. Daylight savings adds an hour.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...