X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • good2laugh
    • Jul 2002
    • 3.5.x

editing posts

I want to allow Moderators and admin to edit users posts - but I don't want the fact they've edited to show up on the post to regular users, mainly because they get all stroped out if they think their post has been changed. Although if a regular user edits their own post I don't care if this shows or not. How do I achieve this.

I see the "show edited by" in admincp but I'm not sure how this works exactly.

If I have no checked next to registered users, does this mean a registered user can edit but the fact they edited does not show up as Last edited xx. to them or any other user group

Or does it mean if set to no, registered users can't see what has been edited by any user group.

Basically all I want is that mods and admins can edit any groups posts without anyone seeing it was edited (don't mind if admins and mods see)

Thanks
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

This is a Usergroup option:

Show edited by note on edited messages?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• good2laugh
      • Jul 2002
      • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      This is a Usergroup option:

Show edited by note on edited messages?
      so if on "registered users" I set this to no
      users in that group will not see the "last edited by XX" message?

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

No, this means that any edits made by that usergroup will not show the 'last edited' message. Just set this to 'No' for your Admins and Mods, and the edited message will not show. Note, this assumes they are not members of another usergroup in which this is set to 'Yes'.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...